Position: Chief Financial Officer/Senior Controller
Location: Kenai, Alaska
Pay Range: DOE
Our client is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or Senior Controller to work out of the Kenai, Alaska based headquarters. The successful candidate will work with leaders of the firm to make a direct impact on the financial and strategic direction of the Company. The incumbent will be responsible for accounting (GL and cost), financial analysis, reporting, cash management, information systems management, and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily management/oversight of the Accounting function (presently staffed with 3 individuals)
- Daily management/oversight of cash management function
- Implement and maintain costing process across all of the Company’s business units
- Work closely with team member to monitor and maintain the Company’s perpetual inventory
- Preparation of the monthly financial statement package for both internal and external reporting
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting the results of the operations
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Leads the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Manages the annual audit process by working closely with the external auditing firm
- Preferred 10-15 years’ professional experience in Finance or Accounting department, with strong preference for candidate who has been in manufacturing and job costing environment
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including GAAP
- Advanced MS Excel and data manipulation skills
- Experience using accounting software, ERP’s and databases
- Strong analytical and complex problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting related field; CPA preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
- Health and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Salary and bonus will commensurate with experience
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED