Position: Director of Human Resources
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Pay Range: $80,000 to $100,00 + Benefits
Admit it, you’ve long dreamed of working somewhere like the famed Alyeska Resort. Here is the chance you’ve been waiting for – you get to combine your passion for HR with your passion for the outdoor lifestyle! Your two years’ experience as an HR director will find a great home here, as will your experience in the hospitality/ski industry. As a performance focused visionary with experience in managing HR for 400+ employees, you can find that fresh air work/life balance you’ve been searching for. ***Hospitality experience is a MUST.*** Read on for the details and get that application in asap!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Development of a superior workforce with an emphasis on customer service.
- Monitors labor budgets of all departments within Alyeska Resort and oversees management labor reporting.
- Oversees Recruiting and Staffing.
- Defines all HR training programs and provides all necessary materials to managers and employees required in training programs.
- In conjunction with the Office of General Counsel, leads company compliance with all existing governmental and legal labor law reporting requirements including but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Department of Labor, workers compensation and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Reviews and implements employee benefits.
- Protects the interests of Alyeska Resort and its employees in accordance with company policies, governmental laws and regulations.
- Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff.
- Assists and advises company managers about HR issues.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget for HR and assists in labor management in all departments.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing all Human Resources policies, programs and practices.
- Responsible for market research to establish pay practices and pay bands for recruiting and retaining superior staff.
- Keeps the President and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals and other issues that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years or more experience managing a Human Resources department for 400+ employees.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and development.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fully understand financial reporting and statements.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills are required, as is the ability to work as a team member with other HR staff and Resort employees.
- Must have excellent guest service skills and possess a positive attitude.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Administration of benefits and compensation programs and other HR programs.
- Must be able to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address complex business issues.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures. Knowledge of State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources.
- Must have above average PC skills.
- Must possess advanced skills in Excel.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Some walking, bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED