Position: Food Production Manager/Chef
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Pay Range: $65,000 to $72,000 DOE + Benefits
Our client is the world's largest provider of in-flight services. These include airline catering, in-flight equipment and logistics, as well as the management of onboard service and in-flight retail. The group is also the industry leading expert in managing the in-flight service supply chain for several airlines. Our client partners with more than 300 airlines worldwide and operates some 200 customer service centers in 50 countries, producing around 460 million airline meals a year.
We are seeking an experienced Manager candidate who has the desire and commitment to help us achieve our mission, as well as develop our adjacent markets around the world.
Role Purpose Statement
Oversee all aspects of large-volume Food Production and Food Inventory/Warehouse departments.
Job incumbent ensures control, maintenance and continuous improvement of all activities in food production, food inventory and warehouse according to customer policies and requirements, within Customer Service Centers (CSC) and in accordance with the corporate team. Responsible for supporting the achievement of the CSC budgets as agreed by the GM of the CSC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Five to seven years directly related operational experience required, commercial cooking experience preferred
• Strong presentation, communication, training and interpersonal skills
• Apprenticeship or certification course from culinary school preferred
• Ability to develop and lead others to obtain desired results & achieve budget
• Experience in managing a manpower planning and scheduling tool (i.e. VPS)
• Strong knowledge of FDA, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and HACCP guideline
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
• Demonstrable record of understanding and meeting customer expectations
• Proven track record of understanding the drivers of product and labor cost variances
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer application
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED