Position: Food Production and Supply Chain Manager
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Pay Range: $65,000 to $72,000 DOE + benefits
Hours: M-F, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm (occasional weekends)
This position ensures control, maintenance and continuous improvement of all activities in food production and supply chain according to customer policies and requirements, within Customer Service Centers (CSC) and in accordance with the corporate team. It is responsible for supporting the achievement of the CSC budgets as agreed by the GM of the CSC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee food production and supply chain departments, which involve a total of 26 food production employees, 4 cooks, 3 stock clerks, 2 buyers, and 2 supervisors.
- Implement department short and long -term operation plan in coordination with other relevant interfaces. Ensure efficient and timely corrective actions in case of deviations
- Participates in the development of food products and menus. Coordinates customer meal presentations which showcase available menus
- Create menus aligned with customer needs, product availability, and costing guidelines
- Oversee the department economic and operating performance. Ensure that the department is managed and controlled efficiently in line with the company’s framework and market requirements.
- Support and implement the principles of Lean manufacturing
- Ensure optimal deployment of human, technical and material resources in the department
- Ensure that department work methods are in line with the company’s standards and customer contracts
- Responsible for department costs to budget through effective manpower planning, purchasing, scheduling and overtime usage
- Ensure par levels of inventory are in line with needs and budget
- Maintain an ongoing, positive and pro-active relationship with all internal and external customers
- Ensure compliance with customer specifications, quality standards, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), safety, health, environmental and other regulations
- Investigate customer quality issues, develop and implement corrective actions
- Participate in the daily operations briefing
- Strategically plan, organize, and manage the food production department with regards to daily hours, schedules, productivity, quality and safety.
- Ensure on-time and accurate production in the preparation of food and catering of flights utilizing Variable Production Systems (VPS) and ready time information
- Strategically plan, organize, and manage the supply chain department with regards to proper inventory, ordering, receiving, storage, and requisition process
- Ensure food cost is in line with budget.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Guide, motivate and develop the subordinate employees within the Human Resources Policy
- Participates in coaching the expanded Global Performance System (GPS) process, as well as additional career development activities to enhance the effectiveness and potential of the team
- Make the company's values and management principles live in the department(s)
- Plan / Implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations
- Participate and support company sponsored initiatives such as Global Quality Standard (GQS), HACCP, LSG Production Systems, Employee Safety
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. In addition, five to seven years directly related operational experience required, commercial cooking experience preferred
- Strong presentation, communication, training and interpersonal skills
- Apprenticeship or certification course from culinary school preferred
- Ability to develop and lead others to obtain desired results & achieve budget
- Experience in managing a manpower planning and scheduling tool (i.e. VPS)
- Strong knowledge of FDA, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and HACCP guidelines
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Demonstrable record of understanding and meeting customer expectations
- Proven track record of understanding the drivers of product and labor cost variances
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED