Position: Senior Accountant II
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Pay Range: $67-72K DOE + Excellent Benefits
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the cash reconciliations and capital assets functions.
- Prepare and maintain/review routine and non-routine reconciliations, allocations, reports, statements, spreadsheets and other accounting projects for internal and external purposes.
- Interview, select, train, direct staff.
- Responsible for AR and cash receipts.
- Maintain management modules of the Boroughs financial management system. Perform upgrades to system in coordination with the GL Accountant and Chief Accountant.
- Stay up-to-date on developments and changes affecting the Borough’s accounting activities. This may include monitoring economic trends and new governmental policies.
- Assist with preparing the Borough’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Assist with year-end closing, audit preparation, financial audit, financial statement preparation and review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five years of professional accounting and/or financial auditing experience in positions of progressive responsibility
- Two years’ supervisory experience—preferably in union environment
- One year management experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- 10-key by touch
- CPA preferred
- Maintain valid driver’s license and meet insurance standards to maintain insurability through company insurance program
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED