Position: Medical Director
Location: Kenai, Alaska
Pay Range: $216,000 - $290,000
The Medical Director role directs daily administrative issues and coordinates clinical care, in collaboration with the Primary Care Health Systems Administrator for the Dena’ina Wellness Center (DWC) Medical Program to ensure that quality care is provided. The Medical Director provides consults with providers and also performs direct patient care. Other responsibilities include participating in administrative and clinical leadership staff meetings to assist in establishing policies and procedures for meeting quality standards of medical care, in accordance with federal and state regulatory and accreditation guidelines. May participate in state and local healthcare related meetings to acquire and apply knowledge of social, regulatory, political, and economic factors that relate to health services. Also participates in population based care management, public health efforts, and provides guidance in the appropriate utilization of healthcare resources.
• Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree.
• Seven to ten years of Family Practice experience. Experience in evaluation diagnosis and treatment in primary care with special emphasis in cross cultural health care setting.
• Experience working in a multiple medical provider setting.
• Medical management experience.
• Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred.
• Current Alaska Licensure as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy.
• Current DEA certificate. BLS certification required.
• Understand quality improvement methods, such as developing a systematic measurement for evaluating the delivery of services. This includes measure, analyze, improve and control. Complete PDSA cycles.
• Detail oriented, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills and technical skills.
• Dynamic personality with strong leadership and team building approach.
• Assumes an administrative and clinical leadership role for the primary care team
• Supports and promotes the Dene’ Model of Care, which is defined as patient-centered, integrated care
• Responsible for clinical oversight of Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and RN Supervisor
• Participates in administrative decision making and recommends and approves policies and procedures
• Participates in administrative and clinical leadership staff meetings to assist in quality care initiatives and accreditation activities
• Partners with HSA to optimize flow, maximize productivity and ensure patient access while maintaining quality care
• Oversees and completes peer review activities
• Assists in creating medical protocol standardization and ensure that providers practice to the accepted standards of care
• Works in partnership with Dental, Behavioral Health, Wellness and Social Service staff to optimize the integration of programs to improve population health outcomes
• In collaboration with health leadership staff, recommends new and innovative modalities for treatment of various health conditions
• Aides in the credentialing and privileging of new providers to the Wellness Center
• Serve as the overseeing physician for the vaccine program
• Analyzes epidemiology data to assess health trends and identify needs and opportunities to improve healthcare
• Provides medical consultations with other medical providers
• Effectively utilizes electronic health record (EHR) to document clinical activity and manage population health
• Works effectively and cooperatively with other members of the medical team to provide direction in the development and conduct medical educational and training
• Serves in a leadership, advocacy and mentorship role for the medical staff It is the intent of this job description to highlight the essential functions of the position; however, it is not an all-inclusive
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED