Pay Range: $187,000 to $250,000
The Physician serves as a member of the clinical team to provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and implementation, crisis intervention, medications, staff consultation, group visit participation, and other services as needed. Participation in panel management and population based care, participation in staff meetings, and helping guide appropriate utilization of resources is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assumes a leadership role for a primary care team
• Performs comprehensive assessments of patients and the relevant systems to formulate diagnoses and plan appropriate interventions
• Develops and implements a plan of care and recommends interventions to attain optimal patient function
• Uses decision support tools when available and as appropriate; e.g., Up To Date, drug interaction tools, clinical guidelines, etc.
• Plans and implements care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of the patient function
• Performs procedures as appropriate for level of training
• Confers as needed or when contacted by other providers regarding care and treatment of patients, and assists in examining and treating patients
• Confers with professional personnel in medical and related fields
• Implements care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served
• Effectively utilizes electronic health record (EHR) to document clinical activity and manage patient population
• Works effectively and cooperatively with other members of Care Team
• Participates in peer review activities
• Participates in Care Team training and learning activities
• Doctoral Degree in Medicine
• Five to seven years of experience in evaluation diagnosis and treatment in primary care with special emphasis in cross cultural health care setting
• Experience working with Alaska Native or American Indian people preferred
• Current Alaska Licensure as a Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy.
• Current DEA certificate.
• BLS certification required
• Alaska Driver’s License
• Performs and completes ambulatory care competencies and credentialing as identified
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED