The HR Operations Supervisor plans, directs and coordinates the HR activities of BSNC and Subsidiaries using the existing systems and platforms to the maximum extent possible. Position insures the daily functions and transactions are processed accurately and efficiently. The incumbent will continually seek efficiencies and process improvements to improve the HR services of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the HR operations/transaction team in managing the day-to-day activities to support the HR, payroll and other interrelated functions. Foster and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, including senior management, operations managers, and other administrative department heads. Serve as an interface between internal/external customers and the functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HR services utilizing technology to the maximum extent p[possible. Provide overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources and their activities.
- Performs HRIS system configuration and maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains HRIS system tables. Documents processes and results.
- Work with key leaders within the organization on various HR projects and objectives.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data
- Manages projects/process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality and compliance.
- Maintains HRIS systems to organize and analyze information used in varied human resources functions. Compiles and analyzes data. Prepares and processes special and recurring reports and administrative records. Monitors employee retention and other standard metrics
- Audits and assesses human resources processes and practices; identifies, researches, and resolves problems; coordinates policies with organizational goals
- Assist in the development and maintenance of affirmative action program, annual filing of EEO-1 and VETS100 reports, and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Update, coordinate and facilitate new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Maintains data integrity in HR systems and manages usage best practices and processes for the entire company
- Administration of the company drug programs including DOT and Non-DOT random testing.
- Coordinate with Drug testing company to set pre-employment tests for new hires and recruiting missions.
- Reconcile the drug testing and background check bills.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Five (5) or more years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions in several functional areas.
- Associates degree in a related field; Bachelor’s is strongly preferred.
- Experience with formalized project management processes and tools preferred.
- Experience writing processes, policies and procedures for internal HR functions.
- Experience implementing new HRIS systems and platforms in support of HR and company operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems, ERP systems, and compensation/employee review tracking systems.
- Must have some familiarity with federal and state employment laws, processes, and procedures and have a desire to deepen both knowledge and experience including but not limited to OFCCP.
- Previous experience in a multi company environment doing business with the federal government. Experience with government contracting including SCA, DBA, wage determinations and associated regulations and requirements.
- Proficient in the usage of computers, especially Microsoft Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to demonstrate good communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment managing a multitude of tasks.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary data and meet required deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of the Human Resources disciplines and best practices; applicable Federal and state employment law such as Title VII, EEOC, ADEA, FMLA, SCA, DBA, US DOL Wage & Hour, USERRA, ADA, ERISA, and FLSA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws, and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters, and various federal requirements
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and provide conclusions or approaches to the job.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, talent management, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and human resources information systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have superior customer service skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees and outside vendors. Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders and agency rules.
- Ability to organize tasks to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Must be able to discover and see compliance problems that may arise in the corporation and bring the concern to management’s attention for action.
- Must be able to interpret complex documents and formulate an opinion, such as Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Must have the ability to listen and understand employee concerns and formulate a decision to resolve the issues.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of employees including all levels of executive, management and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with DOT regulations and drug testing regulations.
- Must have proficient skills in Microsoft suite based programs
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
- Prior experience with HRIS data management, preferably Deltek CostPoint.
- Prior experience dealing with or working in a union environment.
- Prior experience working with an Alaska Native Corporation or ample knowledge of Alaska Native culture.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Successful candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our services are always FREE to candidates.
Hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
Job open until filled