Position: Chief Operating Officer
Pay Range: DOE + bonus and benefits
The chief operating officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company. Bottom line: Build a dynamic, energetic, and safe company.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all corporate operations
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel is expected (approximately 20% of time).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- At least eight years of strong operational experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- At least five years in a senior management role.
- Oil and gas experience
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED