Position: IT Project Manager
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Pay Range: DOE + benefits
Under general direction, the IT Project Manager is accountable for the end to end management of very critical and complex projects in collaboration with appropriate clinical and business departments. This position works closely with IT, clinical and business leadership and leads a multidisciplinary team in the design, implementation, workflow optimization, change management and issue resolution related to clinical and non-clinical applications projects. The position delivers clear communication and documentation of complex concepts and issues related to healthcare technology across the organization to influence and negotiate optimal solutions and progress toward organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages complex enterprise-wide project implementations to achieve project objectives while keeping controls on resources, risks, costs and timelines.
- Ensures quality standards are met during the production of expected deliverables throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Leads the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables and sets project expectations across all stakeholders utilizing the prescribed tools, templates and processes.
- Communicates all of the requirements and commitments (both verbally and in writing) for each project with clients, staff, and management.
- Negotiates and resolves scope creep and other risks associated with executing against the project plans.
- Identifies, secures, and coordinates the appropriate resources necessary for the project. Forecasts resource needs and plans for those resources as the project progress.
- Coordinates assigned staff in all aspects of the planning, design and implementation of projects.
- Develops project schedule and tracks progress against that schedule.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks/reviews vendor deliverables. Ensures that tasks are completed on time and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, policies, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the vendor contract, if applicable.
- Develops project budget and tracks spending as appropriate.
- Publishes and maintains status reports, communication plans, risk plans consistent with organizational standards.
- Ensures smooth coordination and turnover of projects both at the initial state and project completion to the support teams.
- Coaches, mentors and trains other staff in project management concepts.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or related field. Progressively responsible professional/exempt work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
- Seven (7) years, non-supervisory work experience managing major IT projects or working in IT positions using the organization and professional skills used in project management.
- MUST HAVE demonstrated experience implementing projects in a healthcare environment.
- Preferred: Experience with clinical and business systems used in healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex enterprise wide project execution from conception to completion.
- Demonstrated experience executing projects with vendor deliverables.
- Preferred: PMP certification
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED