|Position: Civil (Traffic) Engineer
Pay Range: DOE + Benefits
Experienced Civil Engineer Required: In this role you will conduct a wide variety of tasks such as develop and screen improvement multi-modal alternatives, perform traffic operations analysis, refine conceptual designs, produce technical reports, developing area and long-range transportation plans, and prepare final roadway design plans. You will also be responsible for the development of cost-effective data collection plans, proposing methodologies and objectively presenting findings while building consensus among stakeholders and the public.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire and the interpersonal skills to interface with clients and will give and receive mentoring and support from the team to become successful in this role. The successful candidate will be looking for more opportunities to take on additional responsibility as they manage their own career path at the firm.
This is a great chance to work with highly profitable, small team. Their projects take their engineers to a variety of states across the country and a myriad of mentor-ship and training opportunities.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, Planning, or equivalent.
- PE certification highly desirable
- Experience with traffic planning and engineering
- Ability to use a variety of software programs effectively and make timely and informed recommendations to clients, elected officials, and stakeholders.
- Interest in working on a variety of projects, including traffic operations, multi-modal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian facility planning and design, local/regional transportation plans, and final roadway design projects.
- Ability to progressively develop project management, mentoring, and marketing skills, and develop solid internal and client relationships.
- Strong willingness to participate competitive marketing pursuits.
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- A strong interest to learn
- Outward focused with a high level of customer service
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED