Position: Transportation Design Engineer
Pay Range: DOE + great benefits
Civil Engineers - immediate opening available with a national company right here in Anchorage!
Our client has an opening in their Anchorage office for an experienced Roads and Transportation Design Engineer. With more than 20 offices across the United States, the Anchorage office is a coveted destination for employees. Why not come and see what all the fuss is about?
The staff work together seamlessly and collaboratively, allowing shared perspectives and discovery of new and innovative solutions for the clients and communities they serve.
Currently, the Anchorage staff works on projects in Alaska and the contiguous 48 and you may occasionally find them at a desk in Boise, Portland or Orlando based on their passions to grow both professionally and personally. For the Anchorage office, it is exciting to have National expertise at our fingertips and the ability to adapt the latest innovative practices to our diverse communities.
So, if you are:
- Entrepreneurial by nature and ready to help grow our firm’s transportation practice;
- Passionate for the transportation industry with a genuine commitment to the profession;
- Outward focused with an inherent belief in customer service, collaboration and teamwork; and
- Excited to teach and mentor other staff;
- Looking for encouragement to be an active participate in professional organizations and attend national conferences; and
- Wanting to be a part of cutting edge industry research (i.e., Connected and Automated Vehicles, Data Analytics, and SmartCities)
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- Professional registration
- 8+ years of civil engineering experience, with an emphasis in roadway and intersection design and preparation of final design plans.
- Experience leading projects involving designs of the following elements: roadways, intersections, roundabouts, drainage, pedestrian/bicycle facilities, traffic signals, construction traffic control, illumination, and/or signing & striping.
- Applied advanced project management and scheduling principles for all sizes of transportation design projects.
- Current experience working with one or more of the following design software tools: Microstation, InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Ability to lead, advance and support planning studies, corridor evaluations, project permitting, and preliminary and final design plan production.
- Experience with the management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams involving one or more subconsultants.
- Experience mentoring or training other staff in the technical elements of transportation design.
- Eager to apply critical thinking to complex engineering problems and to communicate solutions to our clients, project stakeholders and the public.
- Comfortable working with little guidance or oversight in an organization with a relatively flat structure.
- Interface with clients and look for and create opportunities to take on additional responsibility as you manage your own career path.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED