Position: Accounting Technician
Location: Anchorage, AK
Pay Range: DOE
The Alaska Electrical Trust Funds (AETF) is seeking an accounting technician for general accounting for the following employee benefit plans administered by our office:
· legal plan
· defined contribution pension plan
· defined benefit pension plan
· health & welfare plans
Under general supervision, performs responsible accounting support and administrative work in the preparation, processing, maintenance and verification of accounting documents and records such as accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, and performs related duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Reviews, processes, inputs and as approved, prints and distributes checks for payment of vendor invoices and other accounts payable.
(2) Prepares, reviews, and reconciles quarterly and annual federal and state payroll tax reports, including generating, reviewing and distributing W2s and 1099s and corresponding reports within mandated time frames.
(3) Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial business transactions.
(4) Review online bank account activity daily and prepare ACH transfers as needed.
(5) Reviews and reconciles bank account statements.
(6) Coordinate the collection of data for annual nondiscrimination testing for the defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans.
(7) Assist with the annual preparation of forms 5500 and 990.
(8) Assist with preparation of annual financial statements.
(9) Other duties as assigned.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED