Position: Office Assistant (Temporary)
Pay Range: $20
Under the direction of the Executive Assistant, the Office Assistant (Temporary) is responsible to support daily agency operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receptionist duties, to include answering and directing phone calls, taking and routing messages, monitoring the door for deliveries/visitors, and email correspondence with staff and clients.
• Provide support for agency programs as assigned.
• Monitor and maintain office supply inventory.
• Format and/or edit documents according to Agency design and standards, including student reports, grant reports, correspondence, handouts, flyers, newsletters, and other documents.
• Assist with processing referral documentation.
• Provide assistance with the development of presentations, training materials, etc.
• Respond to and appropriately route all communications.
• Utilize and update the SESA FileMaker Pro database.
• Produce copies as needed.
• Develop and maintain student files specific to state and agency compliance guidelines, ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
• Serve as backup if needed in the absence of other Program Assistants.
• Maintain confidentiality of student, Agency, and office information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or technical training.
• Ability to type 50 words per minute.
• At least one year of work experience in an office setting.
• Pleasant, friendly disposition.
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Exceptional comprehension and listening skills.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with an eye for detail.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, productive team environment.
• Ability to work professionally with a diverse clientele.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Understand and commit to the mission and operation of the Agency.
• Ability to successfully meet tight deadlines.
• Proficiency with current computer applications and various types of office equipment.
• Display a cooperative approach to planning, problem solving, and teamwork.
• Ability to lift or manage 40 pounds.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED