Position: Senior Accountant **Temporary with Possibility of Hiring Permanent**
Pay Range: $84,000/Year
Our client is seeking an experienced accountant to support the CFO and Controller in developing direction and oversight over all financial reporting and disbursement functions for the entire system. Someone who can efficiently and independently close out year-end general ledger accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Subsidiary and/or Division Month End Procedures, prepare P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Financial Statements Consolidation for Division and/or Corporate.
- Responsible for Subsidiary Project Accounting functions, maintenance, reconciliation, and Analysis.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Accurate / Timely monthly General Ledger Accounts Reconciliations
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Must meet deadlines; maintain attention to detail and Accuracy.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Must have superior people skills (intrapersonal and interpersonal).
- Able to work independently and a self-starter.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED