Position: Finance Director
Pay Range: $136,591 and relocation package potential
If you are an experienced financial leader who wants to make a lasting impact in the Bethel community, we have a very rare and amazing opportunity! Please review the responsibilities and qualifications, and send your resume and requested materials to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the City Manager plans, directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the administration and operations of the Finance Department.
- Plans, evaluates and directs departmental policies, programs and operations related to the financial and budgetary activities of the City government.
- Directs the financial operations of the City by an established central accounting system within commonly accepted governmental accounting principles.
- Prepares financial statements and cost reports at regular intervals.
- Directs the annual audit of the City’s finances, both internal and external.
- Prepares, oversees and directs the City’s annual central, operating, capital, enterprise, and other essential budgets with regular monitoring and proactive adjustment to ensure compliance with budget line items
- Directs the collection activity and custody of public funds. Oversees the investment of City funds and the payment of bond obligations.
- Supervises the data processing functions to ensure that required programming is in place and that necessary records and reports are produced in a timely manner.
- Works with the Assistant Finance Director in the development and cross-training of all department staff.
- Serves as the financial advisor to the City Council and Administration.
- Ability to oversee adequate staffing and training to over the numerous responsibilities of the department which include, but are not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receiving, sales tax, business licenses, contract management, lease management, insurance claims processing, payroll, utility billing, travel processing, grant management, and purchasing
PLEASE NOTE: ALL JOBS ARE ON-SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
- Cover letter
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting - a copy of transcripts conferring degree awarded must accompany the resume.
- Certified and current CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in finance and accounting field.
- A minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory capacity within a finance or accounting environment.
- Experience with CASELLE, IRIS, Alaska Budget System (ABS) or similar finance/accounting databases preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills a must.
- Solid planning, budgeting skills, ability to train, maintain peak performance and manage a 6 person staff, problem solve and organizing/setting priorities critical to job success.
- Must be bondable at the time of hire (able to pass a thorough background and credit check).
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
Alaska Executive Search
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
Alaska Executive Search
matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED