Position: Licensed Professional Counselors (x2) Kotzebue, AK
Location: Kotzebue, Alaska
Pay Range: DOE
The LPC provides crisis intervention and stabilization services at two health centers for clients who are suicidal, homicidal, or gravely disabled. The position offers flexible scheduling and housing is provided; it’s an excellent opportunity if you hold an Alaskan license and are seeking a real Alaskan adventure. You’ll work with a close-knit team to provide an important service in “bush Alaska”. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you meet the qualifications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide crisis intervention services and participate in on-call rotation on a 24 hour per day basis
- Provide provisional diagnosis based on DSM criteria during crisis interventions
- Conducts and reviews psychosocial screening, assessments and treatment plans for mental health and substance abuse clients.
- Facilitates substance abuse groups
- Administers applicable tests to assist in assigning appropriate diagnosis
- Develops expertise in assessment and treatment of substance abuse, mental capacity and incapacity, mental illness, adult and child protection, domestic violence, sexual and physical assault, psychosocial crisis, bereavement, and mental illness
- Collaborate with medical professionals to assess mental health needs
- Refer patients, clients and/or families to community resources as needed
- Document all services in patient/client clinical record
- Other duties as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: ALL JOBS ARE ON-SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited CSWE program.
- Able to obtain a Licensed Master Social Worker in the State of Alaska within 90 days
- A terminal licensure LCSW required within 3 years
- Minimum one year of post-MSW degree experience in health care social work preferred. (Medical center, medical/psychiatric clinic, residential treatment center or any facility where the social worker participates in a collaborative treatment team).
- Knowledge of mental health and substance abuse disorders
- Strong interpersonal communication and written skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to adjust to Alaskan “bush” conditions
- CPR certified
- Proficiency with EHR and computerized documentation.
- Ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently as a team member
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
Alaska Executive Search
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
Alaska Executive Search
matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED